Areté Renovators Inc. is a 19-year-old family business specializing in residential and commercial remodeling, primarily design and build projects. Areté Renovators has successfully completed over one thousand remodeling projects throughout the Chicagoland area, working in 60% of Chicago’s downtown high rises. Areté means “quality” in Ancient Greek. Since 2001, we have built a reputation of quality in workmanship, customer service, project management, and reliability.
Areté Renovators together with their premier kitchen and bath showroom and design center, Areté The Art of Design, delivers full general contracting and design services for all your remodeling, design, and building needs. We manage all aspects of the project including obtaining city permits, completing association paperwork for project approval, design services, purchasing and delivering of materials, installation, and maintenance.
From small scale projects such as gut rehabs and kitchen remodels, to building houses from the ground up and commercial store front build outs, our team of skilled professionals, with the union of carpenters, electricians, and plumbers is well prepared for the most challenging real estate projects.
Areté Renovators is looking for a full-time 1099 bookkeeper with QuickBooks experience to join our team. This position will work very closely with our accountant to provide a high level of organization. This is a very unique position as you will be monitoring the books for both Areté Renovators and Areté The Art of Design showroom.
- Categorizing transactions in QuickBooks
- Reconciling bank statements
- Posting payments and journal entries
- Auditing entries for completeness and accuracy
- Resolving discrepancies
- Communicating internally and with outside vendors when needed
- Managing financials through our construction management software (Coconstruct) including but not limited to requesting payment from clients based on payment draw schedule, processing change orders, invoices, etc.
- Assembling labor package proposals and sending to clients for review and signature
- Other tasks as assigned by management and accounting team
- Minimum of 2 years bookkeeping experience
- Minimum of 2 years QuickBooks experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must ensure confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of construction industry a plus